Great family fun for everyone. The best part, IT’S FREE
The Homestead Air Reserve Base is hosting a 2010 Airshow titled “Wings over Homestead” celebrating the year of the military family. This is a great event. I remember attending an airshow when I was a kid and it truly left an engraved memory in my mind. If you can make it, mark your calendar!
Here is the detailed info:
- Gates open at 8am
- Show Hours: Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Featuring The U.S. Navy Blue Angels & U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
- Free Admission
- Free Parking
- Bring your folding chairs
- Kidz Zone
Here is the event flyer
Detail map below
Fall Session Starts Saturday
October 16th through December 18th
Every Saturday (except Thanksgiving weekend)
For ages 10 and upArt supplies included
- 9:30am– 11:00 Basic Drawing Skills Class for new, artistically inclined students who want to learn foundational drawing skills and techniques, including line drawing, shading, composition, and perspective, to refine their artistic talent and start them toward a hobby or career in art.
- 11:30- 1pm Color Theory Class for students who have already taken the Basic Drawing Skills Class. Students will learn about painting and drawing with water colors and colored pencils. They will learn about design regarding how colors interact with each other. They will continue to practice drawing more complex shapes from real life. They will work on a final project to be completed by the end of the session.
WHERE: Broward Christian School- on the corner of Flamingo Rd. and Sunrise Blvd. in Plantation.
Cost: $10.00 per class with a one-time registration fee of $15 for the 9-week session which covers the cost of art supplies.
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-472-8282.
Mr. Dober plans, God willing, to offer these classes again in the spring and summer.
Taught by Mr. Jim Dober. He is a homeschooling father of 5, who graduated with a bachelor’s degree in illustration from the Ringling College of Art and Design in Sarasota, FL in 1998. He is currently working as a Product Designer for Atico International trading company in Fort Lauderdale. He also published his first children’s chapter book this year, called Hickory Woods Adventures, Waiting for a Bubble, for children ages 7-12 at http://www.hickorywoodsbooks.com
Answers in Genesis Conference will be held in Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale October 23-25
Buddy Davis, Dr. David Menton, Dr. Jason Lisley and Ken Ham will be there. For more information go to http://www.calvaryftl.org (events).
Calvary Chapel is located at 2401 W. Cypress Road Fort Lauderdale, 954-977-9673. Have a blessed week.
We are a very small, SACS accredited, arts-integrated and experiential school of learning, geared towards bright, creative individuals who are seeking an college-prep alternative to the traditional school. Our program is ideal for students who have been home-schooled and now looking for a high school, with a warm, caring environment. Given that our average class size is 8 – 10 students, we are able to provide a top-quality education and meet individual needs.
Conservatory Prep Senior High will be hosting a morning for home-schooled teens and parents on Friday October 17, 2010 from 9:30 – 11:30AM Students will experience Algebra through cartooning and our Chemistry through culinary arts class. Parents will meet with the director to discuss transitioning to school, addressing individual needs at home and a chance to network with other homeschooling parents. Space is extremely limited . R.S.V.P. To email@example.com with number of teens ages 13 -16 and number of care-givers.
The Venue is:
Conservatory Prep Senior High
5850 S. Pine Island Road
Davie, FL 33328
Wendy Hirsch Weiner, Ed.D.
Conservatory Prep Senior High
5850 Pine Island Road
Davie, Florida 33328
Fax: (888) 879-3339